Our desire is to attract and retain the best talent in our business. Submit your resume via the contact listed with the position you are interested in. Note that only resumes for current positions will be accepted – unsolicited resumes will not be retained.
Location : Orange , California
Submit resumes to email@example.com
Select, Underwrite and Produce profitable business and growth for Program and Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS : include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the evaluation, selection, acceptance, rejection, pricing and servicing of individual risks within established carrier and internal guidelines/policies.
- Attends client meetings with Producer to lead discussion on specified agenda items.
- Successfully negotiate coverage and pricing with Insureds, Brokers and Carriers as needed, and in dual role of salesperson (where applicable), explore ways to educate carrier on account viability for carrier profitability – as a means to increase opportunities and success rates.
- Maintain individual underwriting files and systems documentation in accordance with guidelines, procedures and service standards as set forth by company and its carriers.
- Follow-up on all quoted risks to obtain an order or determine final account resolution, including documentation on elements of competitor terms and pricing where applicable.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing within defined parameters with prospects, applicants, insured’s, carriers and brokers as necessary from a service perspective.
- Must have thorough knowledge of program products, underwriting policies and risk selection standards, along with thorough knowledge of the policy forms and coverage of our competition and is able to explain the differences to clients and sub-producers.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with, and providing excellent customer service to direct Insureds, sub-producers and/or internal company personnel as applicable to program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma/GED
- Current California P&C Insurance License (or expectation to obtain within 90 days)
- Maintain Continuing Education in accordance with state regulations
- Two to five years commercial underwriting experience
- Proven track record working with large, complex accounts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently
- Organized and detail oriented
Brown & Brown offers full time employees a benefit package that include 401k plan, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental, vision and other voluntary products. Brown & Brown pays for insurance licensing and related continuing education credits. br>
Brown & Brown, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.